Welcome to Metro Lighting!
We’re here to help you! Whether you’re choosing fixtures for your kitchen remodel or for your whole house, we understand it can feel overwhelming. We’ve assisted thousands of homeowners in selecting the right lighting for their own unique projects. Check out our customer reviews on Yelp!
There are many things to consider when you choose lighting and we are here to make sure you cover all the bases: energy efficiency standards, architectural style, functionality, scale and space requirements, electrical access, your budget, and most importantly your own personal preferences and vision for your space. We’ll walk you through all of the options and help you find solutions you’ll love!
Choose Metro Lighting
We offer personalized service and fixtures. We’re good listeners and offer friendly, expert advice:
1) We build lighting fixtures in our on-site shop, which allows us to be flexible with our designs while offering high quality, locally made lighting. Mix and match our fixtures and shades to customize your look.
2) We are designers with backgrounds in art and architecture and happy to help curate your selections in our interactive showroom or during an in-home consultation. We can also design custom lighting. Ask us about it!
3) We are green certified, solar powered, and independently owned. Our mission is to create beautiful lighting while running our business sustainably. We offer locally made glass and fixture designs you won’t find anywhere else.
Where do you start? Start with what you know and we'll help you fill in the blanks. Here are a few questions to bring your search into focus:
1. What do I need? How many fixtures do I need and where do they go? Do I need general lighting, or lighting for a specific task?
2. What do I envision? What styles do I like that work well in my space?
3. What are the parameters I am working within? What is the ceiling height and size of the room? What is my timeline and budget?
Come by our showroom anytime and let's talk about your project. Feel free to bring in your plans, lighting schedule, and ideas. If you have tile or cabinet samples, paint swatches or photos, that's great. Still imagining what is possible and not sure what you want? Visit us and we'll help you get the ball rolling.
We offer home consultations by appointment starting at $200. Additional travel expenses may apply to some locations.
We Support Architects and Designers
We understand that the most successful designs are fully integrated, from concept through construction details. Working with Metro Lighting allows you to stay in creative control, and to minimize the time you spend detailing custom fixtures or researching catalog items. You can rely on our architectural lighting expertise to take your thumbnail sketch or idea and develop the details into a high-quality, beautiful finished product– communicating with you every step of the way.
Design Drawing on his background in architecture and over 25 years experience in lighting, our creative director Lawrence Grown enjoys working with other designers in a collaborative process.
Fabrication Most of our fixtures are completely built in our on-site metal shop, but we also draw from our extensive local network of skilled fabricators and glass artists to bring custom projects to fruition.
U.L. Certification As an Underwriters Laboratories certified shop, we build, test, and U.L. label our fixtures in-house. Our U.L. listing includes Dry and Damp Location for incandescent luminaires and GU24 LED fixtures.
We are happy to meet and brainstorm; call 510-540-0509 or email us today to discuss how our lighting can enhance your next project.
Etude Winery, Sonoma, CA / MH Architects
Tender Greens, Berkeley, CA / Studio KDA